24.07.09 - version 1.3 has been released, view the changes below get it from download page.
24.07.09 - Work on this project was halted for quite a period of time and i think this is how it's going to be in the future as well. But I have plans to finish major features.
20.12.08 - J2ME version is under development, it currently works in the emulator but is buggy on a real device.
- 1.3 - (24.07.09) - fixed bugs in alpha :
- Libjpeg is fully functional and has no known bugs.
- Screen capture was completely removed. As a result the sis file no longer needs to be signed.
- 1.3 alpha 1 - (21.01.09) - mainly a test version :
- Almost twice the FPS using Libjpeg from Movino project.
- As a downgrade, screen capture and still photos do not work.
- 1.2 - (29.09.08) - additions/change list :
- Added FTP Upload feature so a relay can be used for broadcasting
- Complete keyboard support, (Enter, Home, Arrows etc.)
- Special device keys window (Menu, Task manager etc.)
- User manual, draft version
- Broadcasting/recording automatically stop on disconnect (without clearing settings)
- Connections are properly closed when application is closed (PC Client)
- Bug that blocked the PC application sometimes when disconnecting is fixed
- 1.1 - (13.09.08) - stable version, change list :
- Added connect over USB cable feature
- Fixed bug that crashed the Symbian application when closing it (or when it was closed by the system)
- Fixed bug that crashed the Symbian application when disconnecting
- Added installation instructions
- Changed icons for symbian application
- 1.0 final - (07.09.08) - additions and change log :
- HTTP WebCam module. PC client is not needed on other PC's, they can use the web interface
- Quick Start Tutorial on connecting over bluetooth and starting the HTTP server
- Symbain application UID was changed to one in the test zone so sis file can be signed with Open Signed
- Tutorial page for signing with Open Signed can be opened from PC client
- PC Client now saves connection settings (including last used bluetooth device)
- Minor PC GUI bugs were fixed
- 1.0 beta 2 - (30.08.08) - Revised release, change log :
- light implementation of keyboard control. Alphanumeric key, some symbols, shift and backspace keys are working
- added about window with links in PC application
- PC application checks for new version at startup
- included UML class diagrams in both Java and C++ projects
- 1.0 beta 1 - (01.07.08) - First documented version. System is functional, basic features are working. There are some know bugs but not critical ones.
20.12.08 - I have been very busy lately and have been working on many parts of the project. v1.3 should be close. It's main feature will be the frame rate because of libjpeg port. Most of the time was spent on refactoring the PC client. Further more, i am looking for a S60 phone to test on and also working on V.R.3.C
29.09.08 - version 1.3 alpha 1 has been released
29.09.08 - version 1.2 has been released, view the changes below get it from download page.
20.09.08 - Many things are in parallel development now, a port to S60 v9.1 was started, currently core functions are compilable, user interface needs more work or a complete redesign. Also V.R.3.C concept project is in final tasting/building stage, a site will be created an published. J2ME and v1.2 are still in development
17.09.08 - J2ME version is under development, first release should be close
17.09.08 - v1.2 is in pre-release stage, most likely will be released along with J2ME version
10.09.08 - Connecting with cable is implemented but not yet in a released version, there is a pre-release version here : download v1.1 pre-release
10.09.08 - Full keyboard support got postponed a couple of times, however it was not one of the most requested features, currently development is oriented towards getting rid of bugs that crash the app at disconnect/close.
30.08.08 - A converter from PC keyboard keys to Symbian OS key events is scheduled to be written, currently keys are not translated so most keys work, but not all and only typing is available (holding the key has no effect until releasing it)
30.08.08 - version 1.0 beta 2 has been released, visit download page
30.08.08 - Web site is finished, functional and published
26.08.08 - The project was accepted on sourceforge and the first release has been listed
26.08.08 - The project's web site is nearing completion
23.08.08 - Currently work is focused on controlling the smartphone from the PC. Mouse gestures are working as stylus actions for touch screen phones. A converter from PC keyboard keys to Symbian OS key events is scheduled to be written but on hold for web site development.
23.08.08 - Project was submitted to sourceforge, waiting for reply
23.08.08 - The project's web site is being created, and the projects is prepared for publishing